FIELD NOTES ON PIEDMONT
Outstanding in quality and highly distinctive, Piedmont is the home to the “wine of kings, and king of wines.” If you want to understand Italian wine, a good place to start is Piedmont “at the foot of the mountain.”
This North Westerly province of Italy is cupped by the Alps to the North and the Apennines rolling hills to the South, where you’ll find the best wines. The tug of war between the cold from the Alps and the warm from the Mediterranean ensure a wide diurnal range (difference between hottest and coolest temperatures throughout the day); the crucial factor in ripening grapes without losing their acidity and structure. READ MORE
Our next wine dinner is just around the corner. Check out our schedule of fun things to come.
Did you know that you can store with us?
Selling your wine to us
- Your service is really great. Will definitely refer you guys to my other drinking friends.Bernard
- 這2001年份的葡萄酒有著健康的寶石紅, 而且有少許的沉積物。乾梅子香氣中散發著皮革、薄荷、辛辣、白胡椒及泥土香氣。開瓶後30分鐘, 它會散發出濃郁的咖啡及雲呢拿味道。剛開始時酒精度較高, 中等酒身而且酸度充足, 成熟的果香氣息, 可即開即飲, 適合任何環境飲用Joe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for your help and wines. I will let my boss know you are very good wine merchant have excellent service level. Thank you again.Ellen Tsai
- Jason GinsbergVery nice dark red colour and almost opaque in the glass suggesting a hearty wine. The nose is quite intense with black cherry, blackberry and dark fruits and hints of mint and white pepper. The mouth is very round and the tannins are perfectly integrated with the rich fruit. To me the wines is at a perfect balance between primary fruit and signs of secondary characteristics of leather and earthiness. Overall I think this is a great St. Emilion for the price. It's not terribly complex but it is pure and easy to like. A great food wine or just a nice "sipper" at the end of the day. JG91
- Excellent service despite trying weather conditions. Shipment of 1 dozen fragile wines arrived safely in Australia without much delay. Condition of the bottles were excellent and attention to detail was much appreciated. Thanks to Mandy, it was an effortless affair.Will definitely recommend purchasing from Ginsberg+Chan as a reliable internet wine merchant.Keith Lew
- Ginsberg and Chan may not be the most famous name in the city but for me, if I am looking for a hard to find fine wine, these are my ‘go to’ guys. An easy to use website that has complete up-to-date lists of fine wine availability. In fact, I have bought wine from them before. I just clicked “Contact Us” on the site, wrote them an email which was replied to within the hour and I had the wine the next day (Krug 1996). Very efficient service goes a long way in this town.http://winetimeshk.blogspot.hk/2013/02/hong-kongs-best-websites-to-buy-wine.html