FIELD NOTES ON PIEDMONT
Outstanding in quality and highly distinctive, Piedmont is the home to the “wine of kings, and king of wines.” If you want to understand Italian wine, a good place to start is Piedmont “at the foot of the mountain.”
This North Westerly province of Italy is cupped by the Alps to the North and the Apennines rolling hills to the South, where you’ll find the best wines. The tug of war between the cold from the Alps and the warm from the Mediterranean ensure a wide diurnal range (difference between hottest and coolest temperatures throughout the day); the crucial factor in ripening grapes without losing their acidity and structure. READ MORE
Our next wine dinner is just around the corner. Check out our schedule of fun things to come.
Did you know that you can store with us?
Selling your wine to us
- Excellent service despite trying weather conditions. Shipment of 1 dozen fragile wines arrived safely in Australia without much delay. Condition of the bottles were excellent and attention to detail was much appreciated. Thanks to Mandy, it was an effortless affair.Will definitely recommend purchasing from Ginsberg+Chan as a reliable internet wine merchant.Keith Lew
- Appearance: The wine is clear, deep vibrant ruby, with legs Nose: The wine is clean, with pronounced intensity and aromas of sweet spices (vanilla, cloves), red and black fruit (jammy currants, black plumy jam, stewed blackberries), hints of leather and meat. Aromas are dominated by spice and fruit, and leather and earthy aromas are secondary which indicate the wine is developing. Palate: Dry with medium acidity, medium body, medium alcohol, medium well-integrated and smooth tannin, medium (+) flavour intensity and a long creamy finish. There are flavours of blackberry, rich fruit, and hints of black raspberry tea. The oak is integrated and leaves a creamy finish. Conclusion: VERY GOOD. Great balance with great fruit, great length, great intensity, primary, secondary and tertiary flavors/aromas are apparent but not terrible complex. Drink now as this is as the peak of maturity.Lauren McPhate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 這2001年份的葡萄酒有著健康的寶石紅, 而且有少許的沉積物。乾梅子香氣中散發著皮革、薄荷、辛辣、白胡椒及泥土香氣。開瓶後30分鐘, 它會散發出濃郁的咖啡及雲呢拿味道。剛開始時酒精度較高, 中等酒身而且酸度充足, 成熟的果香氣息, 可即開即飲, 適合任何環境飲用Joe, email@example.com
- Your service is really great. Will definitely refer you guys to my other drinking friends.Bernard
- Ginsberg and Chan may not be the most famous name in the city but for me, if I am looking for a hard to find fine wine, these are my ‘go to’ guys. An easy to use website that has complete up-to-date lists of fine wine availability. In fact, I have bought wine from them before. I just clicked “Contact Us” on the site, wrote them an email which was replied to within the hour and I had the wine the next day (Krug 1996). Very efficient service goes a long way in this town.http://winetimeshk.blogspot.hk/2013/02/hong-kongs-best-websites-to-buy-wine.html
- Popped and poured this wine so at first the nose was dominated by the alcohol but still had really nice dark berries and minerals. The palate was surprisingly smooth with vibrant dark fruit, minerals, plush tannins and a juicy medium mouthfeel. With time, an hour, the nose was even more opened and balanced with the palate. The Fleur Cardinale 2001 - a really great wine for a nice casual night especially for the price. This is a very respectable weekday dinner wine.Mandy Chan